
Cameron at age 3. Such a beautiful beach girl!
Cameron at age 4 -- Ever the dress-up Princess!
Our Family at Cameron's Baptism.
So after an amazing day at Disneyland on Wednesday, we said goodbye to the Phelps family, packed up our goods, and headed home the next day...which happened to also be Cameron's 8th Birthday. I flew home in the morning with Morgan and Jack Jack so as to not add any stress to Morgan's little body (or Mom's for that matter) and John drove Bailey and Cameron with lots of Maama and Baampa's stuff (who joyfully moved in with us May 1st...a whole blog topic in itself). What a joy to be home! And the baptism planning began... Luckily I had my mom to help who was awesome of course. A visit from the cleaning lady, a trip to Costco, a call to Bowman's (our local yummy grocery store who does great catering items), and a few other details and the baptism and luncheon were all set!
Then the baptism day began and it was a beautiful day filled with so much joy and happiness. We were so lucky as to be able to share the special day with 4 of Cameron's dear friends, Ellie & Madi Curtis, Daxton Kennington, and Kennadee Zubal. Cameron looked absolutely beautiful and beamed the whole day. When she received the gift of the Holy Ghost she proclaimed to me that she felt, "stronger, bigger, taller and the cleanest ever." So cute. And so true. She also wrote in her baptism journal those sentiments as well as, "I felt so famous," which is hilarious and so her. An amazing day. The luncheon was super fun and super yummy and we loved catching up with some close friends and family. We feel incredibly blessed to have the support we do here and wish that ALL of you could have been there as well. We were SOOOO especially grateful that John's sister Tiffany and her darling family came ALL the WAY from Arizona to see Cameron be baptized...even with their own "hospital" trial on the road. Awesome!
Cameron has grown up to be such a wonderful little lady and desires so much to do the right thing. As parents, we could not be more grateful to our Heavenly Father for sending us such a righteous soul. And yet again, we were able to feel of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and know of his divinity and love for each one of us. I testify that He lives and does love us and know us. His priesthood is real and I loved watching my dear husband apply his own Priesthood power in such a special and sacred way to bless our family. We are truly blessed.

Then the baptism day began and it was a beautiful day filled with so much joy and happiness. We were so lucky as to be able to share the special day with 4 of Cameron's dear friends, Ellie & Madi Curtis, Daxton Kennington, and Kennadee Zubal. Cameron looked absolutely beautiful and beamed the whole day. When she received the gift of the Holy Ghost she proclaimed to me that she felt, "stronger, bigger, taller and the cleanest ever." So cute. And so true. She also wrote in her baptism journal those sentiments as well as, "I felt so famous," which is hilarious and so her. An amazing day. The luncheon was super fun and super yummy and we loved catching up with some close friends and family. We feel incredibly blessed to have the support we do here and wish that ALL of you could have been there as well. We were SOOOO especially grateful that John's sister Tiffany and her darling family came ALL the WAY from Arizona to see Cameron be baptized...even with their own "hospital" trial on the road. Awesome!
Cameron has grown up to be such a wonderful little lady and desires so much to do the right thing. As parents, we could not be more grateful to our Heavenly Father for sending us such a righteous soul. And yet again, we were able to feel of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and know of his divinity and love for each one of us. I testify that He lives and does love us and know us. His priesthood is real and I loved watching my dear husband apply his own Priesthood power in such a special and sacred way to bless our family. We are truly blessed.

Cameron and John reading an amazing and very touching letter from a convert that John worked with in Argentina and is like his second father, Jorge Duris.
Our Family with Maama and Baampa in front of our new bookcases that were put in for us and painted by our very own John...of course finished the night before. Whew!
And for more awesome photos of Cameron's baptism by our very own Will Duris, professional photographer and brother/friend click here. Click on the first picture and then on the top right of the picture it will say NEXT for you to click to the next photo. Enjoy. He is amazing! Thanks Will!
Our Family with Maama and Baampa in front of our new bookcases that were put in for us and painted by our very own John...of course finished the night before. Whew!
And for more awesome photos of Cameron's baptism by our very own Will Duris, professional photographer and brother/friend click here. Click on the first picture and then on the top right of the picture it will say NEXT for you to click to the next photo. Enjoy. He is amazing! Thanks Will!








8 comments:
I love that she felt famous! That is so cute.
You look AMAZING. So do your bookcases. Seriously. And Mom is skinny too!
Wow! Those photos are incredible! You are all so photogenic! And I love the bookcases!
How fun that your parents moved in with you!
I hope Morgan is doing better!
CONGRATS to cute Cameron who looks so beautiful in her baptism dress. You have such a great family. Thanks for your example. Love you!
Congrats Cameron! She looks so radiant in her baptism dress! And your whole family is so beautiful! I miss you guys...
PS- Your blog totally made me cry (in a good way) :)
Congrats Cameron! She looks so radiant in her baptism dress! And your whole family is so beautiful! I miss you guys...
PS- Your blog totally made me cry (in a good way) :)
Oh yeah and the bookcases look gorgeous!
Let's see if I can remember everything I wanted to say:
1. Cameron IS amazing.
2. I think her eyes look like her cousin Westin's. I never noticed it before.
3. Your mom and dad are living with you?! What is going on?!
4. Your hair is rockin in those pictures. I LOVE it! Seriosly--LOVE!
5. Your bookcases are awesome. Where did your tv go?
6. I miss you tons, and wish we could have been there, too.
7. But I can't wait until June. We're counting the days in our house.
Megan. ..haven't been to your blog before. ..soooo fun! I found it through Laurel's blog. I'm trying to be better about reading up on my friends. I'm lame- still haven't started one of my own. But I do love reading these. I can't believe Cameron is 8-- I remember her as the 4 year old cinderella. I LOVE your hair. You look gorgeous. Your family is growing up-- I can't believe Bailey! Anyway- hope to see you next time you're down in CA. This is the year that our playgroup kids (Grace, Cameron, Izzy, Preston, Caleb) get baptized. ...crazy! xo
Post a Comment