On Sunday, our wonderful Sunday School teacher Tom Gill brought some great quotes from our Prophets concerning this great nation and our Constitution. What a joy to be able to be reminded of what our dear Prophets have spoken and that the Lord is mindful of us at this time in our nation. This was one of the quotes by President Harold B. Lee that I believe could be exactly what we need to hear at this time:
Men may fail in this country, earthquakes may come, seas may heave beyond their bounds, there may be great drought, disaster, and hardship, but this nation, founded on principles laid down by men whom God raised up, will never fail… Yes, I repeat, men may fail, but this nation won’t fail… I plead with you not to preach pessimism… It is the nation that will stand despite whatever trials or crises it may yet have to pass through. Harold B. Lee, Ye Are the Light of the World, 350-351.
I am so grateful for a living Prophet and the guidance and peace that brings into our lives if we follow him. I know that all will be well. Happy Voting!
P.S. Email me at megansbunch@yahoo.com if you want me to send you all of the quotes. Well worth the read!




5 comments:
We had a great FHE last night. We talked about our great country and had the opportunity to make cards for our sweet neighbor and her husband serving in the military in Afghanistan. I loved the opportunity to teach my kids the importance of our country. Thanks for the awesome post. I love it amidst all of the fear mongering.
Me again, I would love to see the quotes.
Are you back? Two posts back to back? I'm so happy! The costumes were super cute this year, and the PUMPKINS! Wow! Such artistry! Ours can not compare.
By the way, my feet have swollen to cankles. I mean it. I don't recognize myself from the knee down.
I love that quote. I would like the other quotes too please! What a great reminder.
Okay, I have to repent... I am a naysayer.
Post a Comment