Well here I am again...I keep getting grief for not updating my blog more often. Sorry. We have been very active and busy. We had our friends the Richins stay for a week which as always was a blast. I love how when our kids are together they are so creative and imaginative...always thinking of new games to play and things to do. We took the Richins (which consisted of Shilo and the 4 kids....Kimball stayed at home to hold down the fort, take care of Dodger the dog and work) to Bear Lake for 2 days and had a great time. The first night we made the large mistake of taking the kids to the beach just to look at the water...HA HA HA! What a joke. OF COURSE all the kids were wet from head to toe (and Jackson covered in sand) by the end of our excursion.
The next 2 days we got appropriately dressed in suits and had more fun...
When we got home, the kids had their 2nd annual Summertime Treat Stand (which is a gussied up version of the ole' Lemonade Stand) offering Strawberry Lemonade, homemade cookies (courtesy of the moms of course) and homemade brownies (again thanks to the moms). They made 100 flyers and passed them around the neighborhood, made signs and menus and got ready to sell. We set up by our pool under the shade and the kids ran up and down the street calling for customers. They traded off duties and made lots of dough! Most of all they just had a great time! Cousin Harrison even joined us for the fun and made some money as well.
Richins left for Shilo's parents' home on Sunday but came back yesterday with daddy Kimball for more creative fun.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
More Fun in the Sun...
Posted by Megan B at 8:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
That slip and slide looks hardcore! Cool idea! Sounds like you've had lots of fun!
Sounds like fun. I just have to say, I had the greatest 'ladies day out' with you and your darling girls, yesterday. I just loved it and hope we can do it again soon, maybe urge another all-day fishing trip on the boys and have Jennifer at my house for the day? You are always fun to be with - thus all of your fun time blogs!
So fun! Love all the pictures, especially JackJack heading straight for the water and all the slip and slide craziness. :)
Megan -
I love that you would hire a babysitter so you can read...I started thinking, that is a great idea, why haven't I thought of that?! The lemonade stand looks like lots of fun! :) Ashlee
Post a Comment