Tiff and I met in 4th grade at Harbor View Elementary in Corona Del Mar, California. We hit it off immediately! I remember the very first time she ever spoke to me on a bench by the playing field of our elementary school when I was just a new student. She sat down, asked me if I was Mormon, told me that she was too and then invited me for a movie and sleep over. We were 2 of about 10 LDS kids in the school so we bonded immediately.
Said Movie and Sleep over that we had the next night was a memorable one. We ate so much junk at the movie that later that night I woke up with a stomach ache and called my dad to come get me and take me home. Tiff's parents had NO idea and woke up wondering where I had disappeared to. That was the beginning of one of the longest and best girlfriend relationships I have ever had and luckily continue to have.
Tiff and I have seriously been through it all... We ventured together to Hawaii during a hurricane, went on many many trips to Park City (where she moved from 7th to 10th grade which broke my heart), shared secrets (seriously...was the rug PINK or WHITE?), shared clothes (mostly hers), shared families (she is an only child so we ALWAYS wanted to switch families), shared lockers in high school (even during our Junior year when we were hardly speaking over a DUMB BOY), got our first job together at Spaghetti Factory, went together on prom dates, graduated from high school together, suffered through college frustrations (USC and BYU), boys, boys and more boys, watched each other marry our new best friends (Randy and John) as maid of honors for one another, shared in the joy of my Bailey's birth, shared in the birth of my second daughter Cameron where Tiff was by my side, suffered heartache at the loss of Tiff's first child Josie, rejoiced in the birth of her Abigail (& my Morgan 5 months prior) and her son Payton (born just 5 days after my Jackson), and continue to enjoy each other's lives from afar...her in Alaska and me of course here in Utah. No matter where she is or what she does, I love her the same like the sister and best friend that she is and always will be to me. I feel so BLESSED to have her in my life and I know we have SO many more memories to make together. I wish her only the VERY best because that is seriously what she deserves.
I love you Tiff. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Little Tiff (her Abigail) and Little Megan (my Morgan)...only 5 months apart.
And our boys...Payton & Jackson (born just 5 DAYS apart)...I see future best friends all around in the making!
April 2008 at Fashion Island.
April 2008 at Fashion Island.




2 comments:
Very sweet! Happy Birthday Tiffany! I love the mini-me picture!
Megan, you are such a loyal and perfect friend!! Tiffany is lucky to have you and it sounds like you are lucky to have her as well...I would love to meet her some day! I love being your friend and consider myself truly lucky that you chose me to be friends with! Luvs
Post a Comment