

Cameron and I just got back from a very special 8 Years-old Mommy/Daughter trip to North Carolina. We went to stay with our dear friends the Calhouns. We loved being with Pargie, Will, James, Abbie and Liza. Their home in Chapel Hill is beautiful and we had some fun adventures. Once such outing was a few day trip to Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia. WOW! What a way to make history come alive. We walked up and down the street enjoying period costumes and stores that included a blacksmith, a shoemaker, a printing press and a wig shop. All of these were staffed and in real working condition just like they would be in the Colonial times. The BONUS of this trip is that my sister Jocelyn (Jo Jo) and her darling son Peter were able to drive up/down from Alexandria to be with us. How fun to be with them.
Cameron and I also attended the North Carolina state fair which was a very fun experience. We tried deep fried twinkies, deep fried snickers, and deep fried Reeses peanut butter cup (YUCK). Cameron even was the first of our group to win a prize. So fun!
But the BEST part of our trip was just being with people we adore. It would not have mattered where, just to be with them was so special. AND I loved being with my Cameron. She is such a sweet and caring girl with the best imagination. A trip I will never forget...







3 comments:
I am having a hard time imagining that anything deep fried like Twinkies, Snickers or Peanut Butter Cups would be yuck. Sounds like a fun trip and a fun tradition. I wish I was as on top of things to have started a tradition like that. Maybe we'll have to do a 12 years trip...
I am a little green with envy, but only because I am so wishing to have been with you, too. I'm so happy you were there. What a fantastic trip! I adore you and have missed you in the blogging world. (I can't believe how big Cam is getting!)
I loved seeing you guys and am so glad you had a good trip. Love to the fam!
Post a Comment