Monday, October 26, 2009

I know! I know! FINALLLLLLY! -- Here we go...Our Swine Flu Quarantined Day of Pumpkin Cookies and Spa Day...and an UPDATE! Finally!

YUM!

What do you do when you have Swine Flu (or Jack Jack does) and you are self-quarantined on a Sunday with no dad (he left Saturday for Indiana and Detroit) and no Maaama and Baaampa (who went to St. George for the weekend...bad timing I know)??? Well make pumpkin cookies to decorate and have a spa day of course! We started with decorating the cookies I made, then moved on to facials in the tub, then did nails and toes. It was lovely! Unlike swine flu...yuck! Jack was tested Saturday and came back positive and today (Monday), Morgan is coming down with the SAME symptoms...fever, aches, etc. 3 down, 3 to go!


Bailey painting Morgan's nails...
Cam trying to figure out toe separators.
Bailey painting my toes. Pretty nails!!!

By the way...since it has BEEN SO LONG...a little update. John has a job...YAY!!! He is contracted with a company for 7 months and then we will see...he feels like it will get extended and we are praying for more job opportunities for him to contract with. He is loving what he is doing and we are loving that he is happy and we get a paycheck!!! Yipppeeeee! Travel is tough but we are getting used to it again and just feel SOOOO grateful to be employed and surrounded by such love and generosity. We do not know how we would have made it through the trial of unemployment without everyone's prayers and love!

Bailey is mad at me because I did not blog that she turned 12...so here it is: Bailey turned 12! Sorry Bailey....been a little crazy! But I love you! The rest is all normal...Bailey is in 7th grade (Jr. High...I know!!) and loving it! Cameron is in 4th, Morgan in Kindergarten, and Jack Jack is in Preschool! Dog is fine. All is well...except for the swine flu that has arrived and trying to potty train Jackson -- not fun!

9 comments:

Matt Stayner said...

Great, just great. You have the Swine Flu, and then you send John on a plane to Indiana and Detroit. Brilliant. Since I can't get the vaccine here in LA, I'm headed to your house to self inflict and get this over with.

Kate said...

those cookies look delicious... I want some... wait no I don't ... just give me the recipe! Lucky is my favorite song.... Josh and my's song... I love it!!!

Ashlee said...

Fun times...I want the cookie recipe too!

Megan B said...

Matt I told John to wear a mask! Who knows if he listened!!!
Ashley and Katie...allrecipes.com "Best Sugar Cookies"...they really are. Add 1 cup of sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. And the frosting: Allrecipes.com "Sugar Cookie Frosting" But I use butter instead of shortening. Yum. If you can't find them, I have them printed.

Angela and Jim said...

I love your spa day. I wish I could paint my toes right now. What a fun memory to have even if it was a sick day.

Eisha said...

There is no Halloween out here so I LOVE the cookies...or should I call them biscuits?

rebecca said...

I'm so glad you posted this on FB. I didn't know you had a blog! I'll add it to my google Reader to keep up. I just glanced through and I'm floored that your mom looks the SAME as when you were living in SM decades ago! What's her secret? :)
Your family is darling, and I love how you make swine flu quarantine into a Spa Day/cookie day...awesome.
fyi....our family blog is beantown.menzie.org
I hope your family's feeling better!

Laurel said...

At long last! Love the pictures and I'm happy that you all are finally on the mend. Love to you and the family! xoxox

JoJo said...

Makes me want to have some girls so I can have spa days! Sorry about the swine flu though. Yuck.

Love you all! Have the girls call me sometime to chat and catch up -- I miss them! Oh and Peter still talks about your entire family (whenever we talk about pancakes he talks about Uncle John; whenever we see a dog, he asks, "Where's Lucy?.. oh, in Utah with Megan and John"... he loves looking at pics of your fam and misses JackJack... you are loved!)