Yesterday we were in the car on the way home from Owen's bday party when I overheard Cameron tell Bailey that she wished she could go back in time to April 22, 2000 (2 days before she was born) and start all over! I was a bit horrified and VERY curious so I slowed down, turned off the radio and asked her what she meant by that. She began to sob and confessed that she wanted to begin again because she had made sooooo many mistakes (like 500 she said). I of course asked her what mistakes she had made that she felt so bad about and she told me (later so we were alone) that she had lied a little, stolen a little (like from my coin jar), and fought with her sisters a lot. I held her and reminded her about the Savior and His atonement and how we could erase all of our mistakes through sincere repentance and faith in Him. I also made her realize that in 1 short month she was going to be baptized and would literally be "born again" spiritually and all her sins erased.






7 comments:
Cameron is such a sweetheart! What a great moment you had with her. After reading your post maybe I can start getting my head around that fact that Easter is THIS Sunday. Hello! Time is taking me for a ride lately.
So sweet and such a perfect remembrance for Easter week. I am sad she felt that way, she is an awesome kid.
That is so precious. I love moments like that with my kids. Sweet Cameron is lucky to have such a fantastic mom!
How special a moment to share with her and even better that she wanted to share it with you. That says quite a bit about your relationship.
Happy Easter.
Thank you for sharing such a tender moment and subject that we can all benefit from. Happy Easter.
What a wonderful opportunity to teach your daughter about the atonement. You're such an awesome mom! And thank you so much for your testimony. I really appreciate your thoughts and your sweet spirit.
Happy Easter!
Hey Megan,
Thank you very much for posting this precious moment. You are an incredible mother, woman and wife. I love you . . . John
Post a Comment