Wednesday, October 24, 2007

WHAT???!!!???


I think Ms. Rowling is a coward. If Dumbledore was gay all along why didn't she just say so??? I am NOT ONE to pass judgment on homosexuality. I am as accepting as they come, even with my conservative beliefs. I have seen many a movie and read many a book where there was a gay character. So why now? To reveal this...AFTER ALL BOOKS have been written, published, and MOST IMPORTANTLY the MONEY is in the BANK? That is why J.K. Rowling is a coward. She knows as well as we all do that had she revealed this from the beginning, her VERY LARGE check would not have been so LARGE. Controversy brings press but it does not always mean good business. Thoughts?

4 comments:

Carrigan Clan said...

Who cares if he is a homosexual and why does it even matter anyway? I haven't read all of the books and so maybe I am missing something. Did something happen that would make the fact that he is homosexual a controversy? I just don't get it either. Why is this such a big deal now?

Rachel said...

I agree that she kept it to avoid people freaking out. I don't care either way if he is gay or not, but that is lame of her. She says it played an important role with his enemy-guy, but then why not say it in the book? I agree, coward.

Laurel said...

I haven't read all the series, so I'm quite uninformed, but if it doesn't effect the book, why does she feel it necessary to even make it an issue. Is she just trying to make a point? And if so, why with a young adult book? Promoting sexuality (in any form) to children just pisses me off.

Megan B said...

ditto ditto ditto.