John's paternal grandmother, Elnora Pauline Sweeney Bunch passed away this morning after a battle with Alzheimer's disease. She was born in Sandwich, Illinois in 1914. She was only about 5 foot tall and tiny but she had so much spunk. She was a concert pianist who could play anything and played almost to her dying day...even though she was legally blind. She married her sweetheart Frank Bunch on October 28, 1934 - he died in March of 2001. They were married for 66 years and you could always see the great love between them. He adored her. She was 93 and a spark of a woman who created an amazing legacy. She had 2 children, Charlene & Frank (John's dad) and 7 grandchildren and 19 great-grandchildren.
Of course my favorite of her grandchildren and legacies is John. Although I only knew her for a short time in this life, I loved her and I will always be grateful to her for giving me my wonderful John and her four beautiful great-grandchildren, Bailey, Cameron, Morgan & Jackson.
Of course my favorite of her grandchildren and legacies is John. Although I only knew her for a short time in this life, I loved her and I will always be grateful to her for giving me my wonderful John and her four beautiful great-grandchildren, Bailey, Cameron, Morgan & Jackson.





5 comments:
So sorry for your loss. I am so grateful she gave us John (and thus the kids), too! I love you guys.
Sorry for your loss. Glad that you will be able to be there for the services.
What a sweet tribute to a woman who sounds remarkable. Travel safely.
I am so sorry. Sweet tribute. Love, Boo
I'm so sorry! How weird, though, that your Grandma was born in Sandwich Illinois... that is where my Dentists office was the entire time I lived in Illinois. Such a lovely small town in the middle of nowhere! It was rather quaint! See, just one more reason we are kindred spirits!
xoxo
Elisa
Post a Comment