Tuesday, December 11, 2007

38 Reasons I am SO grateful to be alive...



Today I turn 38.
And the following are the
38 BEST presents I could EVER ask for...
Happy Birthday to me!


1. John. Really, need I say more? Especially to anyone who has ever just MET him. Awesome.
2. Bailey. Everyone needs a 10-year old girl. She's the best!
3. Cameron. The life of my party. Such a joy!
4. Morgan. Loves to laugh with me and cuddle. What could be better??
5. Jackson. My boy. My heart!
6. Mom & Dad. For life. And life's lessons. My heroes.
7. Sisters - I could cheat here and name them one by one to take up space, but I won't. I love them dearly...my best friends.
8. Matt (the bro...always been so good to me).
9. Oh so AMAZING friends...that make me feel SO good about myself just because they are friends with ME!
10. Diet Coke.
11. Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cold Milk.
12. Growing up in Newport Beach (or really technically, Corona del Mar). Thanks Mom & Dad.
13. Being a BYU Alumni...and SOOOO proud of it! Go Cougs!
14. Having the opportunity to STRETCH by being a Choir Director.
15. Having the opportunity to STRETCH by being a MOM!
16. Being a member of the PTA.
17. Living in a free country.
18. Living in a beautiful state with soooo many possibilities!
19. Memories of the Ranch...and thoughts of going back soon. Beauty!
20. The invention of the Cell Phone!
21. The love of a Honda Odyssey Mini Van with automatic doors.
22. Residing in a beautiful home in a wonderful neighborhood.
23. EMAIL!
24. BLOGGING!
25. Fridays through Sundays (when John is home)!
26. Great shoes!
27. Target.
28. Golden Spoon Yogurt. Yum.
29. Good Television. Love to sit and watch "The Office" and "Scrubs" with John. New favorite..."Project Runway." Are you kidding me??? So Fun!
30. Forgiveness. Where would any of us be without it??? Especially me!
31. Prayer. And keeping that line of communication always open.
32. A living Prophet who actually lives just 20 minutes from here. Pretty cool.
33. A testimony of Joseph Smith and the restoration.
34. A testimony of the Book of Mormon. And a love for its words and teachings.
35. Great church and educational leaders.
36. Great books.
37. A knowledge of the Savior and the Atonement and what it means to me.
38. A Father in Heaven who gave this all to me. I am sooo blessed!

11 comments:

go boo boo said...

Happy Birthday! I am so blessed to have you as a sister. You are so fun and awesome and always looking out for others. You are truly the best leader of the pack big sister out there! Have fun bowling! Love, Boo (one of the "little kids" that just loved your authoritarian babysitting style when M&D went out of town. You sure know how to rule and get things done (even when it was just "EVERYONE HIT LIZZIE!!!!"). I love you.

JoJo said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! Loved the list. It made me tear up a bit. I am SOOOO excited to see you and hang out soon! :) I love you!

Rachel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are a wonderful big sister and example as a mother and wife. I am so lucky to live in your old digs because people like me because they loved you! Thanks for the friends!! Can't wait to play with you!!

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday! What a great big sister you are... I am so excited to give you my present for you... Hope you are having a great day!

Laurel said...

I hope your birthday was as delightful and fun as you are! I love you, my friend, and on my list of gratitudes you are you are right near the top! I have to leave some space for God after all. ;0)

Keep rocking it at 38, girlfriend, and when we get together next we need to celebrate!

Amber said...

and the list goes on....
You are a reason to celebrate indeed!!
Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas, YOU.

Carrigan Clan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear, fun-loving, ever giving and forgiving, hilarious, inspirational, diet coke drinking, hot mama looking, and loud as I am friend!!! I love you!!!

The Andersons said...

Happy Frikin Birthday!!!!

Eugene Powell Till said...

I am Diane's husband, and just read your list of 38...big tears are running down my face... thanks for sharing...it made my day...gene

Macaia said...

Happy Birthday Meg!!!! Sorry, this is kind of late!!! LOVED your list and the coke tower. I'd like to get one of those for my bday!! just not diet though! HAHA!! YOU'RE AMAZING!!!