Thursday, August 09, 2007

My life with a boy... and missing the Birthday Girl Bailey.


My life with a boy has been quite entertaining. I really never believed the "they are so different" crap thinking that "how could 1 year olds (and younger) be THAT different just because of their sex?" But I am now a believer. The kid is driving me insane. This is just a small example of what I am talking about. Left the bathroom for a total of 15 seconds to grab a towel and Junior decides he wants in...and so throws himself over the side fully clothed. I did not hear him "fall" and he did not complain a bit. Talk about OPPOSITE from my girls. They NEVER would have "thrown" themselves fully dressed into a tub and if they "fell" there would have been MANY tears. Not this kid. He is into anything and everything and that includes pulling numerous objects onto his very large and tough noggin...without shedding a tear. The biggest rule in our house with him is "CLOSE THE BATHROOM DOOR!" repeated in our house about 200 times a day. We have found my eye make-up remover, John's former blackberry (sorry Honey) and numerous other objects in his favorite toy-when-the-door-is-accidentally-left-open - the TOILET! COME ON! When do they grow out of this gross stage??? But then again, I also am now a true believer in the "boys are for the moms" theory...HE IS MY HEART! Despite all the craziness I love him soooo much and am sooooo grateful for him.

Anyhow...the main reason I think I am struggling today is that my beloved side kick and best friend Bailey is out of town. She flew (on a plane by herself) to Arizona to join her daddy for a birthday fishing trip and a few days with her good friend Cam Richins. I MISS HER!!! I really do not appreciate how very much I rely on her (more like use and abuse her) when John travels. She truly is a gem. I really can't believe I have had anything to do with raising such an amazing young lady of 10 (as of this coming Saturday). What did I do to deserve such a choice spirit? She gives me HOPE each and every day that maybe sometime my other 3 crazies might actually turn out to be normal! Hopefully sooner rather than later. Thanks Bay...I love you stinker!
Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Jack Attack for real! What a silly boy. Love it! And I like how he totally looks bigger than Morgan in that picture:) Bailey is so wonderful!! At least you can miss her a little less with me:) and Tim & Faith!!!!!!!

Laurel said...

He's so HAPPY! Even if he is a little naughty. OK, are you seeing another Tim and Faith concert?! Bailey came swimming yesterday. She's having a great time and is so sweet. No worries, mama.