A copycat (also copy-cat or copy cat) is a person (or animal, or computer program) that mimics or repeats the behavior of another. The expression may derive from kittens that learned by imitating the behaviors of their mothers. It has been in use since at least 1896, in Sarah Orne Jewett's "The Country of the Pointed Firs". The term is often derogatory, suggesting a lack of originality.
Thanks to Katie's friend Kristen my blog has a new look. And since I have absolutely no creativity I just copied Kristen's blog. So I owe her a big thank you even though I don't even know her and hope she never finds out. If she does then it is ALL Katie's fault! But come on...aren't we all just a bunch of copiers?? Who really is original? Not any earthly mortal that I know. We might say we are original but somewhere out there is someone else doing the exact same thing as we are thinking THEY are so original. And how many ideas have you heard that you had thought of too but just didn't verbalize?? If we all had the guts to verbalize and act on ideas we too would be millionaires like everyone out there with "original conceptions." So I raise my glass to all of us...copycatters of Blog land and America...here here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
You are getting very creative with your writing... good job!
Post a Comment