Friday, August 31, 2007

PTA, School Daze and Braces...



I really am in a DAZE that school has started already! No way! And that I have a 5th Grader....AAAAGH! And not only a 5th grader but one with braces.
PTA is of course crazy (speaking of crazy, I am PTA President for those who did not know) but hopefully it will calm down (yea right)! I just realized that the last time I was loca enough to do the PTA President thing in California, I had HALF as many children and 100% in school (well Cameron was in Pre-school but that helped). Wish me luck!

Bailey was SOOOOO excited to get her braces on and could not stop talking about them and telling everyone she saw. She had a hard time deciding which color to get but finally decided on a solid pink (sometimes they do 2 colors). She actually looks really cute and OLDER which is scary for me. NO GROWING UP!

And the first day of school...what a riot. It is of course all about WHAT TO WEAR! The girls laid out their outfits the night before, shoes and all. They were both up at about 6:45 am working on their HAIR, did their chores and were ready to get on the bus at about 7:30...ONE hour before the bus actually arrives! Classic first day of school. We did have a bonus because Maama and Bhampa were there to share it with us. So fun. And helpful!
It is now just 2 days later (school started Wednesday) and we ALREADY almost missed the bus this morning! Hummm...school days.



Here's the neighborhood lining up for the bus. Can you believe that this one bus stop fills the entire bus...and it is only for about 10 houses. SCARY!

Good-bye 5th Grade Bailey...


And here is cute Morgan getting ready for her Pre-school open house. It was such a thrill for her that she FINALLY got to put on her backpack (filled with who knows what) and go to school like her big sisters. Soooooo Cute--even though it was just an Open House and Pre-school does not start for another week, it was still her favorite day ever!
Oh how they grow!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok, seriously, Bailey looks so grown up with the braces and the cute hair cut, SERIOUSLY it is freakin me out. You will do great at PTA, even if you are the only one who knows what to do. You're awesome! What an inspiration!

JoJo said...

I know! Bailey is so grown up! Ahh!

I love Cam's haircut, too. Good luck with PTA! You are AWESOME and I am sure you will be an amazing president yet again!

Leslie said...

omg. ONE hour EARLY??? that is insane. and your school bus comes at 830? sheesh! audrey's out the door by 730 and LATE at the 800 bell.
oh well. your girls all look fabulous, as should be expected when they got up 2 hours early. :)

Laurel said...

Good grief! Your girls look older even since I saw them in July! The braces...well, good. Now she can look like all the other kids in her class. She looks so cute! Hope everybody has a great year.

Kate said...

I can't believe she has braces! We love you and had a great summer!

Megan B said...

We love you too Katie and family...thanks for making the summer even funner with the generous use of your pool!

go boo boo said...

Very, very cute! I love Bailey's braces! She definitely looks all grown up!

Duris-Denver said...

Megan,

I just found your blog through Paula's. Very nice. Check out ours at www.thedurisfamily-denver.blogspot.com.Talk to you later... Ariel

Brittany Simmons said...

Brailey's in Braces?!? Where has the time gone? It's definitely been too long since we saw you guys! We will have to come out to Utah some time this winter!

Sher Bear said...

I am AMAZED at how your children have grown! Bailey in 5th grade and with braces. It goes by tooooo fast. Shane had braces in 5th grade as well. It is super cool at that age.
We miss you and wish you could see our precious "threesome" (Sophia, Oliver and Landon). At least you can keep in touch through Kathy's blog.
Love,
Sherrie Kay

Kate said...

You are so popular! Wow!

Bronwyn said...

Here's some great ideas regarding how to volunteer in your child's classroom! http://www.howtodothings.com/education/how-to-volunteer-in-your-childs-classroom