Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Our Favorite Celebrity!
Last week our favorite local celebrity Lauri Carrigan came to visit! Bailey and Cameron have been so excited for her to come because they love her music and have placed her in the same category as Zac Efron so she is pretty hot (frankly I believe she needs to be in a category ABOVE the aforementioned but when did the girls ever listen to me?).
Lauri & I went to get Bailey & Cameron for lunch at school (in Jim's hot car of course...an audi convertible...she had to look the part of a celebrity you know) and headed to "Winger's" (I know, not very celebrityish but it was close). Bailey was so cute. She was nervous. But then after hearing Lauri and I laugh our heads off as we told of our current lives and recalled VERY fun memories of our wild college days (ha ha), she realized that Lauri is just as crazy as her mom!
I love laughing with Lauri and I love it that my girls look up to Lauri as a celebrity. There is no one better that I could ask for as a role model. She is an amazing mom, wife, friend and woman with many many talents. I also love that she is one of those great friends that no matter how much time has passed, when we get together, it seems like we were never apart -- a solid bond. She is the best! We love you Lauri. And we love the main reason you are a celebrity -- your great music! Lauri has 2 albums out and is coming out with her third -- a Christmas album. They are all really beautiful and we all love listening to them. Check out her website here.
Posted by Megan B at 9:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Lauri is a star! I love the fancy car and how excited the girls were. Those kind of friends are the best!
I LOVE laughing my head off with you! Please pass the Prozac... Thank you for such a fun day and yummy lunch. Your girls are DARLING! (good for my ego too) Can't wait to do it again SOON!
Ok...that last paragraph made me cry! I hope you know that the feeling is very much mutual! I love you! I love your family! And I love the example you are to me!
BFF! :)
Had to throw that in. Sadly, I just learned what it meant about 2 months ago from my 14 year old son that thinks I am retarded.
I love Lauri and Jim! I can't wait for the Christmas album.
megan so good to here from you. thanks for the tip i am going to ballard design right now. Check with you soon
What a great day you had! Although I am heartily offended. Bailey didn't seem anywhere near that excited when I came to visit this summer. Ok--so I was driving a mini-van instead of a convertible. And alright--my most recent album was the purchase I made of Paula Cole's latest cd, and fine--my last singing engagement was yesterday in the shower... You know what? Yeah, I can totally see her point...
I'm going to have to check out Lauri's new Christmas CD. I LOVE great Christmas music. Nothing better.
Post a Comment