Thursday, February 28, 2008

The SUN and a Plug for Blogging!



Our day at the Zoo...

I am so excited to report that my two little ones are happily playing outside in the backyard today with just sweatshirts on to keep them warm! WoW! Now I remember why we wanted a big backyard and a fence...I had sort of forgotten there for a while. Yee haw!

And I just have to put a plug in for us bloggers...we are pretty awesome thank you very much. My dear mother has run into several blog dissenters who view blogging as a waste of time and a prideful way to brag to others about our lives. WHAT???!!??? Have we not been encouraged to record our thoughts, happenings and family history? Is this NOT what I am doing for the first time in my life since I do not scrapbook and own 50 journals with 5 pages TOTAL filled out??? Am I not connecting and re-connecting with sisters and friends who I so love to keep track of and hear about THEIR lives and struggles and YES maybe even a little bit of bragging??? BUT come on! Can't we all just get along and be happy for one another's successes as much as we mourn with each other's loss and struggles??? What is it about us that does not allow us to be happy for one another??? Well I am VERY happy for you dear blogger friends and I love every one of you for who you are and what you do and how you blog so beautifully...carry on!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Seriously, step off haters!!

Kathy said...

I too have run into anti-bloggers since I joined the blogging ranks. I feel sorry for those people because blogging is such a great way to stay up to date with the lives of our friends and family. Its also a great way to reconnect with old friends. If people think blogging is for bragging, they themselves must of at some point looked at blogs to come to this opinion, right? Anyway, blogging is the best! Everyone should do it. :)

susanstayner said...

Ditto, Megan, Rachel, and Kathy. I love reading your blogs and keeping updated on your lives. My favorite English teacher friend taught all of his students to blog because it is a great writing tool. Keep up the literary epistles you fine writers!

Elisa said...

THANK YOU!!!
I have often wondered why people want to bag on things that bring other people joy. Blogging is a wonderful way to keep up to date not only with old and new friends, but to keep track of all the things our families are doing. Its a great way to introspect, and shoot ideas around.
Most people have hobbies...but what makes, in some peoples minds, one hobby more "acceptable" than others??
It's troublesome to me.
I feel sometimes like I have a big, dirty secret... the way some people treat blogging! Really! I mean, sometimes we need that proverbial 'pat on the back' or to just know we are normal... blogging does that... at least for me.
I was sent this article this morning, and thought I would pass it along. quite interesting!
http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/67613/8275

I left book club last night wondering if maybe I had been "wasting my time" ... but after some introspection realized that I have learned some skills... and we all know guys like girls with skills!

That was a wonderful post Megan! Thanks!

The Flint's said...

Blogging is the best!! I think it is the new way to journal, since I too have about 10 journals with only a few pages filled out. I love keeping up with everyone's lives who otherwise I might not keep in contact with! Great post!!

Laurel said...

Ditto, Megs. I consider my blog my journal, and I often think that my descendents will love reading about my daily life, the ups the downs, my favorite recipes, etc. That's the kind of stuff that I would love to know about my grandmas.

But here is my favorite plug for blogging: I've never felt particularly close to my mother-in-law. She is very nice and all; we just haven't had a lot of time together, especially one on one cosidering she has 10 kids. Well, she has started reading my blog and she'll email me every now and again with a comment or insight. I'll write her back, and it's allowed us to start a conversation of our own. She said that because of my blog she feels she is getting to know me better; I feel closer to her than ever before, and I'm really grateful.

How about that? I don't think that is a waste of time at all!

Carrigan Clan said...

If this is "bragging" then I LOVE it when my friends and family members "brag"!!!! Awesome blog, Meg.

Your kids are ADORABLE and I am so glad we have some SUNSHINE to enjoy the zoo!!!

go boo boo said...

Amen to it all. I love the connections I have made, especially with my in laws, (as Laurel said as well). What is so darn wrong about being positive (which people totally juxtapose or mix up with bragging!) whatever peeps. Peace out to the bloggers. Love you all.

Sher said...

Thank You!
Well said! Since I finally crossed over to "the dark side" of blogging. I love sharing (and sometimes just venting) what is going on with me, and reading what is going on with my friends. I wish more of my friends had a blog I could read
Thanks for your thoughts!

Amber said...

loved this thought provoker...its been on my mind quite a bit. I love hearing all about everyone's joys and musings.